Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Shampoo

The other day I bought new shampoo, and the thing I love most about buying new shampoo is the new smell.
It's a cycle, I buy new shampoo and LOVE the smell. I go on for days about how good my hair smells and can't stop messing with it and even wear it down so that it's easier to smell. I feel great, my new shampoo gives me confidence. I feel prettier because my hair smells better. I walk taller, and flip my hair all the time. I'm sure I'm sexy, because my hair smells sexy.
However, I overdo it. I constantly smell my hair. Every chance I get I bring a handful up to my nose and sniff.
And eventually I get tired of it.
But I keep using it because there is still half a bottle left and I am too poor to buy new shampoo every time I get tired of the way my current shampoo smells.
I become slightly depressed. I no longer feel sexy. My hair is no longer exciting and I don't want to hold it up to my face every chance I get. I don't look forward to showering anymore. My mornings become rushed because I put off taking a shower until the absolute last minute. Because I waited so long to take a shower I have little time to get ready. My eye shadow is rushed and I throw my hair into a bun or wet pony tail just so I'm not late to work. Days drag on and I find myself trapped in some kind of monotonous haze. Until finally, one day as I'm showering I squeeze the shampoo bottle and hear the noise that can only mean an end to the boring fog that is my hair. And the cycle begins again.

1 comment: